Posted by Allison Fine on September 19, 2008
Here is a great talk by Seth Godin of how nonprofits have to change their approach to marketing their efforts using new media:
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: nonprofit marketing, Seth Godin | Comments Off
Posted by Allison Fine on September 18, 2008
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: facebook, Michael Arrington, RatPack, TechCrunch | 6 Comments »
Posted by Allison Fine on September 17, 2008
The State Department has figured out that it might help the world if they promoted democracy! The State Department announced this week their first Global Democracy Video Contest. The contest has been launched in concert with the United Nations First International Day of Democracy. Here’s the low-down on the contest from the website:
Create a video short that completes the phrase “Democracy is…”
- An all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., New York and Hollywood.
- Gala screenings of the winning videos in Hollywood, New York and Washington
- Exposure to filmmakers and the U.S. film and television industry.
- Meetings with democracy advocates from government, media and civil society.
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE – JANUARY 31, 2009
- Challenge semifinalists will be selected February – March 2009.
- An independent jury will narrow down the semifinalists to 21 finalists April 1 – May 15 2009.
- The general public will vote online for the winning videos May 15 – June 15, 2009.
- Seven winners – one each from the Western Hemisphere, Europe, Middle East/North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, South & Central Asia, East Asia/Pacific and one anonymous winner – will be announced in mid-June 2009.
- In October 2009, the six publicly identified winners, one from each of the six geographic regions, will travel to the United States to claim their prize.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: Global Democracy Video Contest, State Department, United nationas First International Day of Democracy | Comments Off