Where/How Do I Vote?
Posted by Allison Fine on October 20, 2008
Nancy Scola has written a fantastic post on TechPresident today on five fantastic online resources to find out where and how to vote. In shot summary, the sites are:
- Vote411.org from the League of Women voters to find your polling place and answer any questions you have about voting.
- Google Maps Voter Info, as if Google couldn’t get any cooler, they have mapped all the polling places in the country.
- GoVote created by Credo Mobile and the New Organizers Institute helps college students find out where to vote and what to bring with them.
- Rock the Vote’s Election Center has guidelines (that are unique to each state) on how to become an eligible voter if you’ve ever been incarcerated.
- Long Distance Voter provides info on how to vote by absentee ballot.
- And finally, if you’re living overseas, check out the Overseas Vote Foundation to find out how to get your ballot.
There, that’s all you need to navigate the thousands of rules in thousands of municipalities around the country that are making it as hard as possible to cast, and have counted, your ballot!
This entry was posted on October 20, 2008 at 1:55 pm and is filed under Social Media. Tagged: google maps voter info, govote, long distance voter, overseas voter foundation, Rock the vote, vote 411.org. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
One Response to “Where/How Do I Vote?”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.