Free eBook: How to Raise a Lot More $ Now
Posted by Allison Fine on August 2, 2010
Network for Good posted a free eBook last week called How to Raise a Lot More Money Now – 50 Great Ideas from 11 top Experts.
You have to fill out a form before you can download the book. But what you’ll get are great advice and tips from leading experts in social media for social change (full disclosure, our chapter from The Networked Nonprofit called From Friending to Funding.)
This is a really fun and fast read packed with helpful tips. Here are some of my favorites:
- Replace at least one sentence that’s about you with one that’s about your donor.
- If you want my money, touch my heart. Learn what I struggle with and what makes me move. Walk a mile in my shoes.
- Organize a crowd-sourced appeal. Invite donors to participate in drafting the “perfect fundraising appeal.”
- Simplify your message for social media calls to action. If you can’t say it in 140 characters on Twitter, you’re not saying it well. Look to charity: water’s Twitter feed for inspiration.
- When donors give online, ask them for an optional few words on why they gave (you can do this with Network for Good’s online DonateNow service). Fill your home page with their answers.
This is all great stuff in the perfect bite size pieces.
This entry was posted on August 2, 2010 at 8:31 am and is filed under Social Media. Tagged: Alia McKee Scott, Chris Forbes, How to Raise a Lot More Money Now, Jeff Brooks, Jocelyn Harmon, Katya Andresen, Kivi Leroux Miller, Mark Rovner, Nancy Schwartz, network for good, Sarah Durham. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
4 Responses to “Free eBook: How to Raise a Lot More $ Now”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.